Saturday, February 2, 2013

Little sniffer...



Tonight, we (and by we, I mean mostly Andrew) made something SUPER easy and SUPER good. I went to Trader Joes yesterday and loaded up on some food for the week. While I was there, I decided to buy a whole chicken. If you know me, you know that the bones and veins of a whole chicken usually steer me FAR from them. I also picked up some Brussels sprouts and some mashed potatoes (from the freezer section- they were at the testing table and I couldn't resist).



The Meal:
Herbed chicken, Bacon roasted with Brussels sprouts, and Mashed potatoes (with broth from the chicken we cooked).

The super easy set up:
We placed the whole chicken in the crock pot on low for 4 hours. We covered it with lots of herbs like: herbs de province, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and a bay leaf. We also added carrots and an onion for good measure.



A little pup loved the smell of dinner!


30 minutes before the chicken was ready: we layered the Brussels sprouts out on a tray with bacon and covered them with salt, pepper, and olive oil.  We baked them for 20 minutes and broiled them for another 5 minutes. 




All in all, it was easy and DELICIOUS! The little pup loved the crock pot. He knew that something good was happening.



** no pups were fed during the preparation or completion of this meal... it was a good effort on his part.
-     -Nicola and the sniffing, little pup


No comments:

Post a Comment