Sunday, May 12, 2013

Les Incompetents



The story of the

French Macarons


That kicked my ass.



Last night, I decided to attempt to make some French Macarons. I don't know what came over me. I ran around the city finding all of the ingredients that I would need to make these little babies perfect and amazing like all of the ones that I see in the stores. Once I gathered everything, it was time to begin my disaster, I mean, adventure. 

Given his descent, he was NO help.



Here is the recipe that I used/mauled:
(thanks for the recipe Laura) 





Round one... 

Who knows what went wrong here. They wouldn't come off of the Silpat.  Uggg.


Round two...
Things started looking up. Well, kinda... making the perfect circle was challenging too (as you can see). Andrew loved the messed up ones. 


Batch 1 on the right & batch 2 on the left. 

Some of my better work...

Yes, there are only 6 that look normal. Don't judge me.

Not too shabby! 

Not sure if I will be making these again any time soon. Maybe a week off will get me back into my groove. 


I used to believe this.


We're what the French call "les Incompetents"

-nicola & the little pup

No comments:

Post a Comment