Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's like HGTV up in here...

We've been a little busy over here trying to make this new house of ours feel like a home. My parents were here for 3 weeks and Andrew's parents came to visit for a weekend. So we had plenty of help with unpacking, organizing, and thinking of all kinds of home renovation projects. We still have plenty to unpack, but we have quite a bit of furniture ordered that hasn't come in yet. So some boxes will just have to stay put until they have somewhere to go.

One of our first projects was the dark, ugly fireplace that didn't match the room. Can you tell how much I just loved it? I couldn't wait to get it taken down and replaced with something more fitting. 





Who knew there was brick under there? Too bad it had so many holes from the attached stone. And look at that mess!

Herringbone Calcutta Marble was selected.


Our builders... aka. my parents


Don't mind the homeless clutter.


The final product.


I have to say, I am happy that it’s over. Now we are on to fixing up the kitchen...

-Nicola & the little pup



2 comments: