Monday, October 14, 2013

Goodbye humidity and mosquitos... Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

fall makes me happy for three reasons:
 1) I can go outside again.
2) I'm no longer itching all day.
3) The holiday festivities are about to begin!



I always wondered why cardigans and scarves showed up in the “fall”. Don’t get me wrong, I love them both, but the 85 degree (Californian) weather really doesn’t make either of them suitable.  Now that I’ve moved, I understand
fall is real.
It is actually completely different than summer. Things are FALLING everywhere. The leaves are evacuating their tree posts. The acorns are bouncing on my patio (I thought I was being bombed by my squirrels at first). And the temperature is dropping fast. 

The attention being paid to pumpkins seems to be the same on both coasts Just how it should be. 

We’ve done our fair share of fall decorating. And by decorating, I mean buying EVERY pumpkin that I stumble across.
Baskets of gourds and pumpkins... Miles thinks they're festive balls.

The start of the porch collection.

Leaves are beginning to fall. We need a rake....badly.
And to be sure that Pinterest gets involved, I've been cooking and baking some of my "to do" list. I want to get through most of my recipes this year. Call me Martha Stewart, because decorating, cooking, and baking have been a daily occurrence around here. 


There are a few recipes that I highly recommend (you can find them on my Pinterest board "I'm Hungry"- which is usually true):  
Pumpkin Snicker Doodles- THE BEST COOKIES EVER!
Chicken and Dumpling Soup (I added a bouillon cube for more flavor) 


Dark chocolate bites filled with almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries.
And to make things even better... this week MORE FURNITURE ARRIVES! I don't think I've ever been so happy about deliveries. I feel like a little kid again practically running to the door when I see the mailman (or better yet, the UPS folks) parking at the end of my ridiculously long driveway.  


Still counting down for the couch though....
- Nicola & the little pup


No comments:

Post a Comment